Saturday, June 6, 2009

$1.19 - Okay - Now I'm That Person

Recently my husband and I stopped at a gas station. I was going to get myself a tasty beverage so I asked him if he would like one as well. He asked for a can of 7up (I'm more of a 20oz kind of girl because I like the option of being able to save what I don't drink, but that's neither here nor there).

When I went to select the can of soda, I noticed the price; $1.19! What? for a can of soda (never mind that my 20oz was $1.49). My mind went on autopilot to the thoughts of my parents and their parents before them...Well I remember soda machines were only 45 - 50 cents... sometimes it was on special for 3/$1.00... blah blah blah.

Then I remembered - oh yeah and I was working my first job at a fast food restaurant earning a whopping $4.25/hr. I brought the can to the counter without another thought about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment