Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Mauks

Today I went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving dinner and was reminded how fortunate I was to grow up with wide open spaces. I would have to say it was a very modest upbringing, but I don't think I would trade growing up on 40 acres for an Upper East Side Manhatten apartment anyday (to be honest though, I don't know that I would have said the same thing when I was 15).

My dad and nieces decorate one of the pine trees (God bless mom - she's finishing up the dishes).

My husband has help putting lights on the treehouse.



How does my niece feel about my husband's contribution to decorating the treehouse?

Walking out to the cabin - mom did get to join us, but did not get in the picture.

Dad designed and built this cabin a few years ago.

This wind generator powers the lights and power outlets in the cabin (note background - a fraction of my parents' "backyard"). My dad, who is very passionate about wind energy, did most of the design and fabrication for this wind generator. Read more about it on his blog: phloxpowerandluck.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment