Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So Tastey

I know this isn't the most flattering photo ever of a dessert, but I just wanted to share the recipe (from the WE Energies Cookie Book) for these awesome peanut butter cereal bars. Not only are they soooooooo gooooood, but they are super easy. In fact, I was able to make them before work and still be on time at 7:30am!

Peanut Butter Squares

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1.5 cups peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
6 cups cereal (I use Corn Chex)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine syrup & sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Pour over cereal; mix lightly. Press into a buttered 9x13 inch pan. Melt butterscotch and chocolate chips and spread over cereal mixture (I found that it is much easier to mix the butterscotch & chocolate chips in with the cereal -  when you add the warm peanut butter mixture, it all melds together).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I could go for one right now. mmm..peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I am a real sucker for peanut butter ;-)

    ReplyDelete