Tuesday, August 4, 2009

For the Children

The other day I looked out our upstairs window and I noticed that there was a nest with eggs in the flower box, then I noticed there was a morning dove perched near by keeping an eye on those eggs. Since my husband and I have an odd habit of having to name any animal that comes into our yard, we named her Beatrice.

I have been checking on Beatrice every now and then - sneaking up to the window so I don't spook her, and there she sits, patiently waiting for the eggs to hatch. The flowers are starting to die, but don't want to water them because I feel an odd attachment to Bea and the kids. I suppose when everybody is hatched, they will all fly away, leaving me and my dead flowers behind, but I guess that's how a lot of relationships go...


No comments:

Post a Comment